Summary: Under close supervision, this position performs various up-keep and maintenance duties such as cleaning shop, picking up tools, sweeping floors, emptying trash cans and other housekeeping chores. Duties may also include assisting other shop personnel, running parts and supplies from the warehouse to the shop floor, as well as general assembly work that may require operating automated machinery and various power/hand tools.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• General facility up-keep, maintenance and organization
• General maintenance of shop tools, equipment, and vehicles
• Transfer supplies and equipment between storage and work areas by hand or by use of a hand truck
• Loads or unloads trucks picking up or delivering supplies
• General assembly work that may require operating automated machinery and various power/hand tools
• Inspects all assembly parts and reports defective material or questionable component conditions to management
• May be required to weld, cut, paint, and/or grind various raw building materials
• Assist with special projects and cover for multiple positions when staffing levels are low/production or operating demands are accelerated
• Observe and follow all company safety rules and policies
Supervisory Responsibilities: This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience: High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and some work related experience is required.
Computer Skills: Some limited proficiency with a personal computer and common applicable functions/programs is preferred
Other Skills, Abilities or preferred Qualifications:
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
• Ability to write legible, routine correspondence and to speak effectively as well as coherently with management and other employees
• Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form as well as deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: Valid CDL Class B or A Driver’s License with Haz Mat endorsements
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk; reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 25 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts and vibration. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; fumes or airborne particles; outside weather conditions and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.