Under general supervision, load, repair and properly store all perforating type guns, testing tools and tier equipment at the location.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: may include any or all of the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Stores loaded guns, explosives, and related materials in storeroom according to established safety procedures
• Maintain inventory of all explosives materials
• Must be capable of learning to load all types of guns
• Regulating the purchasing, transportation and use of explosives
• Complete all paperwork required by J-W Wireline and all regulatory agencies when receiving or issuing explosives.
Supervisory Responsibilities: This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience: High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and/or 3 + years oilfield experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Computer Skills: Some limited proficiency with a personal computer and common applicable functions/programs is preferred
Other Skills, Abilities or preferred Qualifications:
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
• Ability to write legible, routine correspondence and to speak effectively as well as coherently with management and other employees
• Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form
• Must be organized, able to track and record incoming and outgoing explosives materials. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: others may be required based on state and federal legislation and/or company policy revisions.
• Valid Class B or A Drivers license with air brake and Hazmat endorsement
• Must be able to obtain a State Blaster License and maintain required license
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to walk and climb or balance. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 50 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 100 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move more than 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus (these requirements can be met with the use of corrective lenses).
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts and outside weather conditions. The employee is frequently exposed to high, precarious places. The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.