Company Profile Oceaneering is a global oilfield provider of engineered services and products primarily to the offshore oil and gas industry, with a focus on deepwater applications. Through the use of its applied technology expertise, Oceaneering also serves the defense, entertainment, and aerospace industries. Oceaneering’s business offerings include remotely operated vehicles, built-to-order specialty subsea hardware, deepwater intervention and manned diving services, non-destructive testing and inspection, and engineering and project management. Position Summary Working under minimum supervision, performs quality control function, through independent research and coordination, which ensures that the accuracy and accountability of all company documentation is maintained in an easily accessible manner, conforming to Company standards for Document Control. Documentation includes Engineering Parts and Drawings, Procedures, Historical Records, and Project Records. Individual errors will directly affect, to a significant degree, the overall pace of production, quality of product, or overhead costs to projects. Duties Responsibilities
Include the following, other duties may be assigned:
- Controls the issuance and release of Parts, Drawings, Specifications, Sketches, BOM’s, Procedures, and Quality Plans, per company procedure.
- Creates, routes, releases, returns, verifies, and distributes drawings and various other documentation per company procedure.
- Processes project related information according to company procedures.
- Answers questions related to documentation program and storage of documents as required.
- Assists in archive projects on an as-needed basis. Assists in researching archived documents and retrieving files as requested by Internal Customers. Archives file both electronically and physically.
- Assists in the preparation of MTR Test Data for customer data books on an as needed basis.
- Prepares customer data books on an as needed basis.
- Examines quality record documents and verifies completeness.
- Confers with document originators or engineering liaison personnel to resolve discrepancies and compile required changes to documents.
- Scans project quality record documentation into electronic database.
- Maintains related hard copy files and MCC tracking.
- Assist with other clerical duties as required. Qualifications
Education and/or Experience
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); a minimum two (2) years related experience is required.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients and other employees of the organization.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge and/or develop working proficiency EPDM/PCM software, MS Explorer, MS Excel, MS Word, and Adobe Acrobat.
Essential Job Functions
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The work environment is indoors during the day and occasionally at night. The employee will occasionally work in confined spaces and works constantly on a stable (flat) work surface. Employee will work constantly with arms extended below waist, unsupported. Employee may work frequently with elbows flexed with wrist supported and occasionally with elbows flexed with wrist unsupported. Employee frequently climbs stairs to a second floor. Employee occasionally will stoop, kneel, squat and crawl. Employee will constantly have repetitive movements using manual dexterity, sense of touch and depth perception. Employee may be exposed to airborne dust in the working place. The employee will mostly sit with back supported but may frequently stand. The employee frequently sits with head forward, flexed and head tilted and rotated. At times the employee will frequently extend arms to a level position, supported and occasionally arms will be extended below waist, supported. Employee occasionally needs color vision. Employee should be able to speak, hear in all ranges, and vision for reading and distance. Employee may exert up to 20 pounds of force occasionally and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently. Physical demand requirements are in excess of those for sedentary work. This is light work. No protective equipment needed.
Equal Employment Opportunity All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, political affiliation, marital status, sexual orientation, or other non-merit factors.